Tours

Wollondilly Cave – Duration 1 ½ hours  (Guided Tour Only)

Everyday 1pm

Sat & Sun 10.30am

The Wollondilly Cave was discovered in 1885 and opened to the public in 1905, with illumination provided by candle and flares.  Electricity was installed in the cave in 1928 to enhance its many features.

The tour of the Wollondilly Cave encompasses five main caverns and one tunnel-like cave.  The cave houses features such as helictites, good stalactite roof formation, the Crystal Cascades and the Cathedral Cavern.  Formations of note include Lot’s Wife and the Cockatoo, large shawls and a column known as the Organ Pipes.

The distance from the gate to gate is 800 metres.  There are 520 steps up and down, including 5 ladders, handrails and fencing.

 

Junction Cave – Duration – 1 ½ hours  (Guided Tour Only)

Everyday 2.30pm

The Junction Cave was discovered in 1897, and opened to the public in 1906.  It is a cave of many junctions, hence the name, its entrance and exit being the same gate.

Features such as the Curtains, the Crown of Thorns, the Chocolate Fringe, Chalker’s Blanket and the impressive Grand Column can be seen from the five viewing points in this chamber.

The distance covered in the Junction Cave is 400 metres and there are 350 steps up and down, including 3 ladders, handrails and fencing.

Cave Times are subject to change without notice.

Fig Tree Cave – Duration, 45 minutes – 1 hour

Self Guided Tour Open 9am – 4pm  Daily

Fig Tree Cave was opened for inspection in 1870’s and closed by 1928, re-opened in 1968.

This cave is Australia’s premier self-guided cave.  Well decorated, it features several huge chambers and towering formations in the first section of the tour, fascinating views of the underground creek in the central section, and finally the magnificent Victorian Arch.

Infrared sensors at certain points of the tour control lighting and commentary; while at other points backlit signs are positioned.  Highlights of the tour include the Galleries, the Opera House featuring the Grand Stalagmites, the Colonnades, and the Creek Section with its Marble Way.